Volunteer your time
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change we seek.” – Barack Obama.
By investing your time in helping the deprived of the country you will be able to build a brighter future for everyone. The act of bringing a change and taking steps towards social reformations can help several impoverished families.
- Join our field team during our events and you can also get your workplace involved in these events.
- Submit stories and updates for our blog
- Connect us with wholesalers and retailers who have dead inventory
- Spread the word on social media and help us increase our reach
“The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving” Albert Einstein.
- Organize collection camps in collaboration with Temple of India in the building or society
- Support our fridge project and leave unused food supplies in the fridge set up by Temple of India in your community
Involve your workplace
“The proper aim of giving is to put recipients in a place where they no longer need our gifts” – C. S. Lewis
Workplaces have the advantage of creating greater awareness and extending support to the underprivileged section of the society at a larger scale. Join hands with Temple of India to help the poor, feed the hungry and create a better future for the country by taking the onus of educating more children.
As a corporate:
- You can build awareness of poverty and the lack of education among underprivileged children.
- Collaborate with Temple of India to start an awareness campaign in your office
- Start payroll giving in the organization
- Organize collection camps in your workplace for collecting gently used clothes, household supplies and stationery.
Set up a Temple of India donation box next to your cash register.
Fundraise for a project
“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – Jon Bunyan
Are you a part of a network where you can inspire people to do something for the poor and homeless who are fighting every day for survival? Raise funds for a project through your influence among the privileged section of the society.
You can do this through small events like tea parties or large events like talent exhibitions.